Bad weather and chaos on the roads

I was going to a meeting in Fagernes about 170 km north of Oslo today, for a meeting at 1400. But this morning it was snowing heavily and it was total chaos on the roads, and the main road north was even closed a couple of hours just as I was trying to drive north. I made two attempts but finally gave up, cancelled the meeting, and returned home after spending some hours stuck in traffic. Lots of cars bumping into each other, and trucks got stuck as they waited too long putting on non-skid chains.


Queue in either directions today at Skui. Here I am heading home after the first attempt to drive to Fagernes. 

The forecast for the weekend is not very good and I doubt if it is possible to make something out of the hang glider course, or maybe we just have some theory on Sunday.


Comments are closed.